Frugality & Frugal Fun Consulting
Spending too much?
As the author of The Penny-Pinching Hedonist: How to Live Like Royalty with a Peasant's Pocketbook, Shel is the world's acknowledged expert on how to have fun cheaply. He has spent over 30 years in the frugality and simple living movement, and can help you find ways to cut your budget and increase your ability to find joy and pleasure in your life.
Shel can help you...
Not having enough fun?
Shel Horowitz can help.
- Examine your routine and non-routine spending to look for savings
- Learn ways to hold down the cost of the things you really enjoy
- Lower your costs and your carbon footprint by going Green frugally and effectively
- Focus your career goals so that you are working smarter, not harder
- Develop an "Abundance Consciousness" (not to be confused with the oft-cited "prosperity consciousness")
- Create a customized resource list of books, articles, and online resources to help you take the next steps in your own individual journey toward a happier, more fulfilled, and more financially stable life
Shel is also happy to speak to your group about finding satisfaction in frugality, and that frugality is not deprivation—that you can live really well and enjoy a very high quality of life, if you break yourself of poor spending and monetary habits.
What does it cost?
To make it as affordable as possible for people struggling with money, Shel offers individual consulting at $95 per hour— deep discount from his hourly rate for marketing consulting and copywriting.
It may seem ironic to pay such a fee, but it is in keeping with Shel's own practice of the third bullet point above— that by making a living wage, anyone can enjoy a higher quality of life and have more non-work hours. After all, would you want to work with him if he didn't "walk his talk"? And it's toward the bottom end of typical fees for traditional financial consultants, who might help you figure out how to budget and invest, but who forget how to plan for a life filled with joy.
Consider this. If you invest between two and five hours in Shel's consulting services, and you're able to save thousands of dollars a year or bring your career to a new, higher level, aren't you worth that small investment?
Speaking fees are set individually depending on the group, the venue, the time commitment, and various other factors.
To contact Shel about frugality, frugal green, or frugal fun consulting or speaking, please click here to send an e-mail, or call 413-586-2388 (8 a.m. to 10 p.m., US Eastern time).
|Share this article/site with a Friend|
Many of the 1,000+ articles on Frugal Fun and Frugal Marketing have been gathered into magazines. If you'd like to read more great content on these topics, please click on the name of the magazine you'd like to visit.Ethics Articles - Down to Business Magazine - Frugal & Fashionable Living Magazine
Global Travel Review - Global Arts Review - Peace & Politics Magazine
Frugal Marketing Tips - Frugal Fun Tips - Positive Power of Principled Profit
Disclosures of Material Connections:
- Some of the links on our site and items in our newsletters are sponsored ads or affiliate links. This financial support allows us to bring you the consistent high quality of information and constant flow of new content. Please thank our advertisers if you do business with them.
- As is the case for most professional reviewers, many of the books I review on this site have been provided by the publisher or author, at no cost to me. I've also reviewed books that I bought, because they were worthy of your time. And I've also received dozens of review copies at no charge that do not get reviewed, either because they are not worthy or because they don't meet the subject criteria for this column, or simply because I haven't gotten around to them yet, since I only review one book per month. I have far more books in my office than I will ever read, and the receipt of a free book does not affect my review.
Site copyright © 1996-2011 by Shel Horowitz